The COVID-19 pandemic is having an important impact in higher education. In that context, the Master in HPC is going to take several measurements to adapt to this situation. The master is run in two different locations belonging to two different institutions, so, the teachers and the students of each location have to adapt to the recommendations of their instituions. The general recommendations of the master for the students are:
- Students that are following the master in the distance-teaching modality don't have to perform any adaptation. Classes and evaluations are already taken fully online.
- Students that are following the master in-site will follow different policies depending on its institution:
- Those enrolled at University of A Coruña (UDC) will follow the master classes as distance-teaching students, unless they are explictly and occasionally required by the teacher to attend some type of activity.
- Those enrolled at University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) will follow the master classes in the classroom, if the class is taught by a teacher from USC. Each student will have an specific seat assigned in the classroom, this seat will be communicated before the start of the course.
If the class is tauch by a teacher from UDC they can follow the class online.
On the other hand, the recommendations for the teachers are:
- At UDC, teachers will give the lessons online from a private location (office, home,...) . If they need special equipment, they can use the classroom to teach the class as it has a special setup suitable for online teaching. It is not recommended, but they can occasionally ask in-site students of their location to attend to the class if they believe it is neccessary. Online evaluation is recommended, but they can program in-site evaluation activities for in-site students.
- At USC, teachers will give the lesson from the classroom. Online evaluation is recommended, but they can program in-site evaluation activities for in-site students.
These recommendations are applied to the Q1 of the Master but they can be revised at any time depending on the evolution of the situation.